Here are 5 simple tips for saving your iPhone’s battery power:
- Shut down background app refresh for apps that don’t matter. This prevents apps from constantly checking their servers for updates or notifications to push to your phone.
- Enable airplane mode in areas of poor reception. When your iPhone detects a poor signal, it increases power to the antenna so it can stay connected to the cellular network.
- Dimmer your screen display. A dim screen uses less power, so if your battery is low, just swipe up from any screen and drag the brightness slider all the way to the left. You can also turn on Auto-Brightness so that the iPhone automatically adjusts the screen brightness depending on remaining power.
- Use Wi-Fi instead of cellular internet. Use Wi-Fi where you can because it uses less power than a cellular connection.
- Tweak which apps use your location. Some, like weather apps, have obvious reasons for using your location. While others use location services for targeted advertising or unnecessary features. Location tracking eats away battery life, so turn it off for the apps that don’t need it.